The Nature of Doubts  

Posted by: wiseindisguise

A doubt is a lack of faith or unstable faith in ones own abilities, skills, strength, power etc.

Each fall or absence of success confirms my shortcomings and in this way maintains my doubts about myself.

Doubts throw me out of balance and bring chaos and anxieties. Doubts paralyze my activities and that, in effect, greatly influences the success of my undertakings. It may even cause me to give up some tasks.

Doubts also appear everywhere I do not have sufficient or full knowledge; they weaken my effectiveness.

It is good to ask myself the following questions prior to beginning anything:
- Do I have everything I need?
- In what areas do I have doubts that stop me from being effective?

Answering these questions makes me aware of the doubts. Doubts are very elusive in nature but asking questions about them puts them up against the wall and then they reveal everything. Once I identify the doubt, I can resolve it. This means, for example, gaining more knowledge, gathering necessary things to complete the task or asking additional questions. Once this is done self-confidence replaces the doubt.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment